Example of how a 12 year old boy could write his first blog post:
- Uses his on-going personal interest: his interest is anything related to engineering
- Uses his current curriculum topic: Roman History
- Reads a Wikipedia summary article on a specific Roman bridge: the Pont-du-Gard Aqueduct
- Starts a free blog hosting service: Posterous.com
- Writes a 5-sentence summary in his own words about a specific aspect of that Wikipedia article.
- Makes a one sentence comment in his post, a hook, that is a personal observation on how it is similar to something he knows about today in modern life.
- Creates a blog post title that is copied from one interesting phrase in the blog post.
- Presses “publish” on the blog post he just wrote so that all his relatives can read it and comment to encourage him.