Dovetail your child’s standard historical study with a blog post related to his developing talent as it was during that time period.
Start your child writing blog posts today with these five questions:
- Does the blog post focus on answering one basic question?
- Does it relate to his on-going focus in some way?
- Does it relate to the historical time-period he is studying?
- Is there a personal observation or interpretation?
- Is there something you can compare to that will help your reader understand what you are saying?
I gently ask those questions of my children every time they write and they gradually flex their writing accordingly. At this early stage, it is more important that they start writing something in their own words about their topic of interest then it is to delay because they don’t have an excellent writing style.