I’ve created this 10ktotalent.com website specifically to help parents discover and develop talent in the lives of their children before their children reach adulthood and leave home.
The phrase “10k to Talent” is short for the principle that it takes 10,000 hours of talent development for someone to reach a world class level of performance in any particular field of human endeavor. You can read more about what the 10,000 hours principle is here.
Talent development does not mean just logging 10,000 hours of work in a field of activity. Talent development does not mean stumbling haphazardly into greatness. Talent development means there is a long-term plan, a method, to achieving the kind of greatness in performance that others find truly valuable to the quality of their lives.
I am committed to helping parents find tools and resources that get their children to:
- Start young
- Practice daily
- Use your environment and assets
- Decompose talent into smaller skills
- Merge skills from different fields
- Enlist family goals and desires
- Act out the talent in a way that gives value to others
- Make your homeschool curriculum feed your child’s talent
Happy Talent Journey!
“How to Discover and Develop your Child’s First 100 Hours of Talent”